Date and time
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM PT
About the open house
Sanford Burnham Prebys regularly holds Open House events to offer prospective postdocs an opportunity to meet our scientists and learn more about the outstanding training opportunities at our Institute.
As an Open House participant, you will hear from Sanford Burnham Prebys’s scientific leaders about the cutting-edge research in their labs, as well as have an opportunity to meet 1:1 with potential postdoctoral training mentors. You will also hear from current postdocs about their training experiences and opportunities to get involved with the postdoc association or other leadership roles. Finally, the Office of Education, Training, & International Services will invite you to learn about the vast array of career and professional development seminars and workshops available to Sanford Burnham Prebys postdocs.
About funding opportunities, core facilities and resources, postdoc training programs, and the postdoc training environment.
Why at Sanford Burnham Prebys?
- World-class collaborative research
- Ranks top 2% of 1803 research institutions worldwide based on ‘Citation Per Paper’ over the last 10 years
- Ranks 6th among 820 pharma and toxicology organizations
- 40th year as a NCI-designated Cancer Center
- 10 Institute shared resource cores
- C3 member: alliance of threelocal NCI-designated Cancer Centers
Why consider a scientific career in San Diego?
- 3rd largest life science market in US
- 1300 biotech, pharma and life science companies
- $2b in venture capital for San Diego biotech early 2021
- $995m in NIH funding to San Diego research institutes and universities in 2020
- Home of top-rated Academic Research Institutions including Sanford Burnham Prebys, Salk, UC San Diego and Scripps
|10:00 – 10:15 am||
Overview of Institute and Research Areas/Centers/Programs
|10:15 – 11:10 am||
Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities at Sanford Burnham Prebys
|11:10 – 11:25 am||Core Resources & Facilities|
|11:25 – 11:55 am||
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
|11:55 am – 12:15 pm||
Career & Professional Development Programs
|1:15 – 2:15 pm||Panel of Current Postdocs|
|2:15 – 2:30 pm||Panel of Postdoc Alumni|
|2:30 – 3:30 pm||General Q&A|
|3:45 – 5:00 pm||Networking|