Alexandre Colas' Research Focus
Our laboratory focuses on the identification and reconstruction of novel regulatory pathways controlling the determination and the acquisition of cardiovascular cell fates in humans. To that end, our team has developed a unique set of cell-based assays suitable for high-throughput functional screening, which enables the implementation of unbiased and systematic experimental approaches with unprecedented exploratory power. Our goal is to leverage generated knowledge to produce better cardiomyocytes to model cardiac diseases in-a-dish as well as to devise innovative cardiac regenerative strategies. In parallel, our lab is also dedicated to identify and develop new drugs promoting cardiac regeneration and/or helping preserving heart function after injury.
Alexandre Colas' Bio
Dr. Colas earned his Ph.D. from the Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France.
Funding Awards and Collaborative Grants
- American Heart Association Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2011-2013
- Best Talk Award (Development & Aging Post-Doctoral Retreat, SBP), 2011
- California Institute for Regenerative Medicine Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2010-2011
- French Myopathy Association Ph.D. Fellowship, 2006-2007
- Ministry of French Research Ph.D. Fellowship, 2003-2006
- Erasmus Undergraduate Fellowship, 2000-2001